What Every Parent Needs to Know about Screens and Their Kids
Maybe your kids are like many others―glued to their smartphones, social media, and streaming entertainment. While we may be aware that excessive screen time, especially social media, isn’t healthy, how do we teach young kids and teens to become screenwise?
Prioritizing connection over correction, Parenting Generation Screen
is a guide for parents that will equip you with key questions and conversations to help you process screen limits with and for your kids. You’ll learn how to dialogue in meaningful ways about social media, entertainment, and screen time so your children can learn to be wise in the digital world.
Jonathan McKee speaks worldwide and writes about technology and social media for families―and has three kids of his own. In Parenting Generation Screen
, he addresses such questions as:
- At what age should my child get a phone or screen?
- Can my child have a phone in their bedroom?
- How does social media affect my teenager’s mental health and sleep?
- What dangers are really lurking on social media?
- How can moms and dads best use parental controls?
In this extremely practical book, you’ll gain confidence and find the answers you need to set boundaries, guide your kids, and help them navigate the digital landscape.